Friday 19 April 2013

Wonder Woman: Battle Sprite (w/ Process!)

20/04/13. Adobe PS Vr. 4, Wacom Bamboo 09 Ed.  3 Hrs.


For this week's assignment, the Art Jam Guys were tasked with creating a piece of Pixel perfection that could pay homage to the low resolution wonders of yesteryear.

For my part of the project, I decided to create a small fighting game sprite based on a piece of original work I had created in the week - whisking me away on an adventure of tutorial hunting, iteration, and a number of scraped ideas along the way.

...and the world is waiting for you, and power you possess!

To start, the Image that I based my concept upon - which probably would of sufficed in an otherworld version of the Art Jam Guy's blog if we gone with DC Superheroes last time! With this in mind, it was worth gathering research material to begin educating myself in the world of Sprite and Pixel Art.

In particular, website 2DwillNeverDie (http://2dwillneverdie.com/) provided a good number of indepth tutorials to get me knee deep into starting my first sprite.

Rendered in Puke Green

The Original - and not very good - GameBoy inspired take on the idea. After a few more hours of reworking, revolving and reinterpolation  I finally came up with something I would be happy to sign off upon. After a little animation, and some subtle finishing, this week's Art Assignment was in the very blocky bag.




No comments:

Post a Comment