Tuesday 16 April 2013

'Asuka Kazama' from 'Tekken 6'

I wanted to work in a slightly modified version of 'Streets of Rage' art style, and wanted to re-imagine a character from a current game that was based on the same principles as the original 'Streets of Rage' series; hand-to-hand combat. So I looked into 'Fighting Force' first because it was literally a 3D version of SEGA's 'Streets of Rage', but decided not to go with it because its no longer 'current': with having 'Fighting Force 3' (PS2 / XBox) canned early on in development. Eventually I settled on one of my old and new favorite fighting games, 'Tekken', and decided to use my current favorite character in it ('Asuka Kazama') as my project to re-imagine in old-school graphics.

Below is the final outcome, along with a short GIF animation which briefly shows the development steps I took to create it.

'Asuka Kazama'
Photoshop CS6
Wacom Tablet Intuos 4
2-3 hours



No comments:

Post a Comment