Sunday 24 March 2013

Loki Odinson


Loki - God of Lies and Mischief: is a mythological god from the Norse Mythology, who's character had been adapted into the Marvel comics primarily as a villain, tormenting and misleading the heroes into ruin. He had also been cast as the main villain and antagonist in the hit blockbuster film "The Avenger", where he unleashes an extraterrestrial army upon the world.

This design of Loki, is a mix match between his Marvel comic's costume design and that of his live action counterpart from the avengers movie, where I used plenty of references from both avenues to create this piece, splicing the colors and various pieces of armor and costume designs to create a new and unique design of this ancient god.

It took me well over 10 hours from start to finish, however, this including resetting my workspace and getting back into the flow of things, after not drawing for well over 6 months! but I hope you like the concept piece, this first arts jam piece was very fun and challenging to say the least!  I look forward to the next one and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment