Saturday 23 March 2013

JamDoc: The Punisher Process

A short overview and explanation of the Inception, Conception and Execution of my piece for this week's project.

This one here!

As with most of my pieces, I decided to surround myself not only in character references, but colour and style references for this piece. I already knew that I wanted to have a pose of the character in front of a wall, where his cast shadow then formed the iconic punisher logo. However, as the project went along it made more sense to create a stronger pose then to rely on the reality of how the shadow rays would cast from the character.

A super-rough idea sketch, pitching the thought of the piece.

Once I had decided on the idea of the piece, It was a matter of dropping construction lines, rough lines, details in the face and his attire, before hopping into my favourite part of the process - the painting!



A pair of daily WIP posts during my time on the project.

Once again, in talking about my style references, the idea was to go for something quite stylised in terms of his proportions and shading, something quite different to what is usually a hyper-realistic and gritty character. In those terms, Pixar movies are a great reference!

The picture from lines to the finish line, in an animated gif!

So! I hope you guys enjoyed this little insight into my very unprofessional workflow. Let next week roll on in!

No comments:

Post a Comment